Married Couples with children who are filing a divorce case, not only need to hire an experienced divorce lawyer, but also consult with a good child custody attorney to protect the right of a child. So try to choose a knowledgeable child custody lawyer who is well experienced in dealing with the complexity of child custody cases.
Tips to find out the right child custody attorney
- Get the proper information about the experience and knowledge of the particular attorney you are selecting. Try to find out the list of the attorney and information of the cases they had won or lost and also find out the reason why they lost the cases. Lawyers should easily discuss the basic procedure of your case and disclose the names of their previous clients. If he is hiding their information or do not want to disclose the information of their cases, then you need to be more careful.
- After doing a thorough research on child custody lawyer, try to narrow down your choices. There are lots of lawyers who offer their clients the free initial consultations. Take time to consult with the lawyer whom you choose.
- After that try to set appointment, and before consult with the attorney try to make a list of the important questions that you want to ask the lawyer. Include the questions about the professional area of the lawyer, and about other areas related with the case. Lawyers not only offer their legal advice, but they also inform you the rights under child custody law and also how your case stands.
- At the time of consultation with your lawyer, try to discuss any specific circumstances, like history of mental or physical sickness, drug or alcohol abuse, domestic violence. Make sure they are well informed because they could provide proper advice about your case.
- Select an attorney who has the specialization in not only the child custody but also in settlement and litigation. If the selected attorney is not expert in these fields, you need to search any other who will give you the additional assistance which is extremely necessary. The settlement and litigation skills of the lawyer are often the important fact in the court proceeding.
Discovering a reliable and well experienced child custody lawyer is something that you can’t miss during your divorce case. Alimony is another most important issue under divorce cases so hiring best alimony attorneys fiarfax who have the vast knowledge about divorce cases is essential.